Friday, May 9, 2014

The most high and holy calling!

Besides God, our Heavenly Father, there is one person who has blessed and loved me my entire life!

That person would be my Mom.


I love her and I am so grateful for her. What is interesting though is how I have learned how important mothers are as I have come to know the gospel of Jesus Christ more.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe motherhood to be a high and holy calling!

The oppurtunity to teach about Jesus Christ and His magnifcient atonement is presented everyday as mother!
Heavenly Father's plan was for the gospel to be taught in the famiy and the person who is most interactive with the family is MOM!

I love this video about mothers!

#itwasmom

I am grateful for mothers and know that God has given us mothers to learn and to grow.

Wether an actual mother or not each of us woman have motherly instincts that God purposefully gave us.

I love the faith of the mothers of the stripling warriors in the Book of Mormon. Their example has blessed more then just their sons who faugth but millions in the world today.
Alma 56:47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the aliberty of their bfathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their cmothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their amothers, saying: We bdo not doubt our mothers knew it.

I know that God has given us mothers to help us learn and grow!

I invite you to not only thank your mom this week for what she has done for you but think of a way you can show motherly love to another person. That same love that Jesus Christ has for us. The love that is refered to as charity.

Love,

Sister Schramm

Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment