Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Be not deceived.

Sister Savage and I were leaving the home of a friend we had just visited when I saw a rather large bush.


It had taken over most of the flower bed where it had been planted and it was growing rather very strong. I thought that this plant must be really healthy and good to be growing so well and the home owner must really be glad to have a successful plant in their yard.

However as I looked closer at the plant I noticed something.


There were thorns and spikes on the steams of this plants.

I looked even closer and noticed


that even the leaves had spikes!!

What kind of a plant is this!? If you fell in it or lost something with inside it you wouldn't be able to retreive it or get out of the bush without getting scratched and poked!

Feeling deceived by this flower bed ruler I took thought on the experience as we went to our next person to visit.

Later on I found these scripture reference in Matthew 24 that relate to this situation.

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive‍ you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive‍ many.
 
11 And many false prophets‍ shall rise, and shall deceive many.
 
 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs‍ and wonders; insomuch that, if it were‍ possible, they shall deceive‍ the very elect.
 
As a missionary I have seen this so much! Many false realities are all around us. Whether they are poeple, media or entertainment they very well have the ability to deceive us and sadly they do. We spend so much time worrying about them. Following them and giving time to things that honestly don't have truth. They rob of time, effort and strength and if we allow them can bring us to our destruction.
 
Therefore I want to share that though there may be deceiving things out there we are so blessed to have truth and reality through Jesus Christ. He is the way to be not deceived.
 

 
Helman 5:12 says:

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock‍ of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm‍ shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

I know that in order to be not deceived is to strenghten your foundation on Christ day by day.

Through prayer, scripture study and going to church we see and hear truth and reality. He speaks to us through these tools. He does not lie as Ether 3:12 teaches us.

 12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst‍ not lie.

Follow Christ. Remember Him. He will lead you. He will not deceive you! Do not fall for the decieving things in this world.

My invitation to you.......... RELY ON CHRIST!


Love,
Sister Schramm

No comments:

Post a Comment