Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Let your light shine!!


There are 3 things I distinctly remember from my first night here in Virginia.

1. I was so tired and so sick I went to bed before any of the other
missionaries.
2. When I walked outside of the airport, the humidity hit me and I
felt as wet as if I just got out of the shower and.......

3.Fireflies!!!

As the sun started to set lower and lower in the sky us missionaries went outside to gathered our luggage, I looked across the driveway to the backyard and saw a firefly!

I ran out on to the grass despite the other missionaries urgent one
word fearful warning, 'Ticks!!' (Which really are a problem here.)
I stopped where I had last seen the firefly. A few feet away the
firefly lit up again along with another and another. They were all
over. I caught one and took it back to the other missionaries only to
find them looking at fireflies near them.

I watched the yellow lighted bugs fly here and there all around and I
LOVED THEM!


From that point on I was drawn to them! Every night I would look out
the car window while driving and look for them. When walking or
talking to someone outside I would smile to see one, out of the corner
of my eye, light up and glow!

Sadly after a month or more the weather began to change and with it
went the fireflies.

Well nearly a year later and after some anticipation I was blessed to
see a firefly again on the first night of June.

I have wondered why I am drawn and attracted to these little bugs so
much and have come to the conclusion,

They let their light shine!



Jesus taught,

"14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a
candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

(Matthew 5:14-16)



(Watch the video of this scripture click here! At 1:30 minutes is where this verse is read!)


These little bugs were created by the most high GOD and they testify
and bare witness of Him every night! It is apart of their life and a
part of their existence.
It is natural for them because it is what they do and how they live.



They follow the Saviors teaching perfectly.

I am so grateful for even the example of a bug. A bug that shines its
light no matter if its enemies are against it. No matter what.




We are SO MUCH more to God then these bugs! We are HIS literal spirit
children and we should follow His son by letting our light shine!

Wether it is by smiling to someone or going out of your way to serve
someone. Standing up for something you believe in though others may
ridicule or tease you. Help others and most importantly FOLLOW JESUS
CHRIST!

I hope that we state just as He did in 2 Ne 10:14
"....I will be a light unto them forever......"

I invite all of you to find a way to let your light shine brighter.
Remember Christ and that through Him and His light all is possible!

Live and let LIGHT! :)
Sister Schramm

(My first time seeing the DC Temple.)


No comments:

Post a Comment