Friday, July 18, 2014

Talk vs. Pray


Most everyone has someone that they tell anything and everything too.
Whether a best friend, a parent, a sibling, significant other, whomever it may be there is someone that we trust and tell.

Currently the person I tell the most things to is my companion, Sister Savage.

 

I talk to her about exciting and cool things like fireworks on Indepentance Day, crazy things like random forrest animals running on peoples lawn (such as deer and foxes), sabotage rainstorms that drench and also awkward situations like twins cats staring at us from on a porch.
 


Regardless of what it is we talk about we want to tell someone about these things that happen in our lives. We desire for them to listen and feel what we felt too.
As a missionary I have talked to lots of people! Some speak english, some spanish and some speak languages I have never even heard before. Though I speak to so many people there is one individual I love to speak to the most, that is Heavenly Father.

Before my mission I found this quote that I love!

"Have you prayed about it as much as you have talked about it?"
 
 
 
To be honest this quote hit me like a brick wall! I thought. "Wow, do I pray about things as much as I talk about them?"
 
 
Consider that question yourself. Do you pray about it as much as you talk about it?
 
In the Book of Mormon a prophet refered to as the Brother of Jared talks with the Lord. The Lord informs him that He is disappointed he didn't remember to call on Him. 

Ether 2:14 And it came to pass at the end of four years that the Lord came again unto the brother of Jared, and stood in a cloud and talked with him. And for the space of three hours did the Lord talk with the brother of Jared, and chastened him because he remembered not to call upon the name of the Lord.

He wants us to talk with Him. He wants us to tell Him about the things in our lives.
I know that He listens and that He loves us. He promises in 2 Ne 32:9

 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

I know that prayer changes lives and blesses us! Talk with Heavenly Father. I invite you to talk with Him about something you don't usually tell Him. Have a great day and don't for get to pray! ;)

-Sister Scharmm

No comments:

Post a Comment