Thursday, August 7, 2014

God is good. ALL THE TIME!

There is a statement that me and my companion Sister Smith use pretty regularly.
This phrase is,

GOD IS GOOD.


We say this on a daily basis! For example, whenever something we enjoy happens, like when we meet someone who needed us in that moment we met them or when we find a close parking spot or even when our favorite hymn is the one chosen to sing at a meeting. We often say God is good. Many individuals may have the same thought toward God in moments such as these.

However the thought has popped into my mind what do I say when things don't turn out how I would like?

I must admit there have been times when things haven't gone my way and I forget to remember that God is good.

I think it is safe to say that most everyone has done this before. However this past weekend I made a friend at the Nationals baseball game that shared with Sister Smith and I her thoughts on the statement God is good.



Her name is Barbrea. She is an usher that points you to your seat. Sister Smith and I were headed to our seats and said Hi to her. As we started up the stairs she said to us, "God is good!" Our answer was 'Yes He IS!'

She shook her head at our answer and said, "Now Sisters let me teach you something about when someone says God is good!" She then went on to tell us that after someone says that phrase you agree but also add, "ALL THE TIME. He isn't good some of the time or most of the time, but all the time!"

We loved this because it is so true! Now thanks to my new friend I will think that every single time I hear that phrase.

It is said perfectly in Psalms 73:1 Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Those, like Barbrea, who have a clean heart recognize the goodness of God so easily. It is my hope and desire that everyone can recognize Gods greatness!

So today check your heart and look for something that shows that God is good and them remember that he is good all the time!

Love,
Sister Schramm

No comments:

Post a Comment