Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Footprints

There is a famous poem that I have enjoyed reading as I have seen it in many Christian homes.

It is called, Foot prints in the Sand. By Mary Stevenson.



Essentially this poem talks about how Christ is always with us step by step, trial by trial and that He carries us when we are unable to go any further.

That His footprints mirror ours; following us, ready to catch, lift and encourage.

I agree that Christ is there, ready and waiting to help us and save us. However, recently a scripture I found has cause me to consider these foot prints differently.

1 Peter 2:21
".... Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps."

As I face trial in my life and think of the hard things that I have gone through I so quickly forget that I am not the only one who has suffered and struggled.

Christ was agonized with affliction much much greater then any I would even imagine to be burdened with. He fought for me through the darkest night and willingly gave His life for mine to exist. What then should I be willing to do for Him?

Follow His footsteps 


Following Christs footprints and steps is often difficult. It however is so rewarding!

 I am a witness to this fact. I have seen people who before were lost and confused. People uncertain of what direction to go 



 begin to follow Christs footprints and their paths are directed! 



They start to develop attributes which the Savior has, qualities and characteristics such as greater faith in Christ, hope, charity and love, virtue, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence and obedience. 

I am grateful for Christ who I know will always catch me and help me and so blessed to be able to follow Him and His paths. I have become a new and better person as I have worked to follow His steps. 

I am so grateful for My Savior. Follow His footprints and your life will be changed! 

Love,
Sister Schramm 


No comments:

Post a Comment