Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Favorite Promise!

In this world there are millions of empty promises. Diets that swear by their weight loss programs, cars with attractive exteriors and umpteen miles to the gallon, marriages committing their lives to each other then when a "hurricane” is in sight they abandon ship. 

With the majority of these promises falling through the world we live in holds no true assurance. To anyone this can be discouraging or unpleasant. However thankfully the world in which we live and the world we aim to live in with God are dramatically different. 

God keeps promises.

 "For he will fulfil all his promises which he shall make unto you, for he has fulfilled his promises which he has made unto our fathers." Alma 37:17

His validity is complete and assurance the most reliable. He is our father and He loves us, therefore He has stated multiple promises that are fulfilled when we put forth effort and keep our part. One of the many promises I love to claim the blessings from is found in His holy scripture, The Book of Mormon another Testament of Jesus Christ. 



First I testify that this record of the ancient inhabitants of the Americas is true. I have come to know that for myself. This holy writ has brought knowledge, peace and understanding into my life as I study from the pages. I have come to better recognize the character of Christ and feel The Spirit. Countless of answers to prayers have jumped off the page at me. God has used the words to show me of my individual worth to Him and of His everlasting love towards me. I know anyone who sincerely reads can and will have similar feelings in regards to this testament. 

With my stance said, imagine for a moment an object of great worth which you wish, want and desire to acquire. Then imagine being told by the owner of this object the way which He obtained it. Not only told you but He has given you a map of how to arrive at that point and claim this object as your own. Even a GSP that updates automatically every minute, has no frustrating detours, annoying recalculations and even warns of destructive traffic that is or may lie ahead you on your determined route.  

As alluded The Book of Mormon is and does act as a GSP for me and for many others. Whether seeking family unity, forgiveness of sins, love for others or even the greatest blessing of all eternal life, The Book of Mormon promises a sound course in which to obtain it.  How does a book offer such a thing? The answer is given in the introduction. "The Book of Mormon [is] the most correct of any book on Earth and a man [will] get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." 


That is a pretty stiff statement though it is backed up by the words of an ancient prophet named Moroni. His famous promise is given in the last chapter, chapter 10, verses 3-5. 

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

The Book of Mormon was written for our day. As I give copies to friends I meet, I ALWAYS tell them I want to give them a gift. I refer to this scripture as a gift because to me it is.  

God knew the gift of another testament of His Son would be the perfect thing to open up the last dispensation of time before the coming of Christ. I take advantage of this promise all the time. I learn truth regularly and I feel of Christs love. My invitation is to read and try for yourself. See how your life can be changed and improved! 
I know it will be!

Your friend!
Sister Schramm





No comments:

Post a Comment