Wednesday, February 26, 2014

shut thy door

There is one word which I feel sums up why WE as humans forget God or neglect to consider what Jesus Christ has accomplished for us. That word is DISTRACTIONS.

Oh....... just the word puts into my mind the image of little crazy monster creatures who jump up and down to get our attention. They whisper in our ears songs, quotes or lines that change our track of thinking. They cause us to remember things we want or would rather do then to focus on the immediate task.

Of course these creature aren't really seen or even physical real, but distractions really do grab our attention.

Before I became a missionary my prime distraction was my computer. I loved to listen to music, watch movies or shows, google, go on youtube, research, edit photos, make videos, look up recipes and even play bejeweled.

Well let me tell you folks, there surprisingly is a life that is awesome and way worth living that doesn't involve my computer as a distraction!

Yes I am a missionary therefore the urge to be on the computer is not considered or allowed. However lessening the time on, in my case the computer, or other distractions is possible.

While reading in the Book of Mormon I found the solution that was given by Jesus Christ himself.

3 Ne 13:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast ashut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret; and thy Father, who bseeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

I had never noticed this particular phrase before.
And when thou hast shut thy door.

Heavenly Father know there are distractions! He knows that they are all around us. His solution, Shut thy door.

It is so simple. If we gave up half the we time spend on distractions by shutting the door, we would come closer to Christ.

I know this to be true I have felt it in my life!! Destroy the distractions and give more time to Christ.

Love captain of the initiate plan: destroy distractions!


Sister Schramm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment