Saturday, March 1, 2014

be sound and whole

I cannot count how many invitations I have been given or given to others myself. So so soooooo many! (especially as a missionary!)

One thing I've learned when it comes to these invitations is, there are two results:

1- accepted and attend or receive. 
or
2- denied and does not benefit/ nothing changes.

Super simple, right?

Well whatever the circumstance there is almost always someone standing in either category/ outcome. 

In the Book of Mormon there is an invitation that really struck me. It is given by Christ, Himself, before He comes and visits the people in the Americas. This is His invitations.....

3 NEPHI 9:13 will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may cheal you?

Heal means to be sound or whole. 

sound and whole summed up mean to be complete.

CHRIST IS INVITING EACH OF US TO COME UNTO HIM AND BE COMPLETE.

After He extends His invitation this is what we will be blessed with.

9:14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

I know that we can be sound and whole. I know that Christ loves us and desires for us to come unto Him. He has extended the invitation and it is up to us to decided what to do with it. You can either be on result side 1 or 2. You choose. 


Love sister Schramm 

No comments:

Post a Comment