Saturday, March 15, 2014

Happiness of the Moment

Imagine sitting in a boat on a beautiful Alaskan river. A cool breeze bowing through your hair. Four fishing poles in the water waiting for a bite. Evergreen trees and wildlife existing on the beach. Spending time with an important person in your life (aka my Dad) and soaking in the rays of the sun.
Suddenly a fish the size of an eight year old child bites one of the fishing lines and you start reeling it in.
Once the fish is landed (in the boat) you can't help but smile and laugh!
This moment sounds amazing to me and it was amazing to me!


I share about this experience of mine because I think my smile in this picture says it all. 
I was so truly happy.
There are moments around us everyday each day where we are truly happy. The question is do we recognize them?
Heavenly Father gives us moments each and everyday! We have the choice to make them the best of any situation.
He blesses us to have these moments. He asks us to serve Him and choose to follow Him, yet His love is so strong and kind that when we don't choose to enjoy these moments or choose to follow Him, He forgives and continually gives more opportunities.
Mosiah 2:21 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another--I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.
I hope that in any situation we recognize His love for us in each moment!
Everything may be falling apart in one moment but the next they are falling into place. The rain may be pouring down for a time, but God always blesses us with something beautiful like a rainbow when it is over.
Live each moment!
Love Sister Schramm





No comments:

Post a Comment